To be shaped or to shape?
We don’t believe that lawyers who have the intellect, agility, and personality to shape a client’s future can be churned off a production line. So while other firms may have a narrow, prescriptive view of what a lawyer should be, ours is to offer you an environment that will let you make the most of your personal qualities.
It’s an environment that promises:
• Excitement: Our wide range of practice areas from Private through to Corporate gives us a broad client base and you the unique experience of working on high profile cases across the legal spectrum.
• Responsibility: The size of our intake means that trainees are entrusted with responsibility early on. As a key member of any team your opinion counts.
• Dynamism: Our growth over the last 5 years means that you’re part of a dynamic, forward-thinking business.
• Teamwork: Friendly, fun and focussed, people enjoy coming to work and are proud to be part of the Mishcon team. It explains why we are the highest ranked law firm in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For 2015.
• Self-improvement: We always want to do things better. The recently created Mishcon Academy is our dedicated in-house place of training, development, learning and new thinking.
• A conscience: How we conduct ourselves has always been as important to us as what results we achieve. We live by our values. Those who will do anything to get what they want need not apply.
• It’s business. But it’s personal: The five words we live by. Our clients are businesses, organisations and individuals with national and international interests. We understand the nexus between their personal and their business needs.
Five things that have changed the shape of the firm in the last 12 months.
- Achieved 16% growth in the last year with revenues of £127.8 million in 2016
- Developed our 10 Year Vision in consultation with everyone across the firm
- Acting for client Gina Miller in a judicial review claim against the Secretary of State regarding the triggering of Article 50
- Successfully represented Sainsbury’s in a competition damages claim against MasterCard, securing £68m for the client
- Making technology – and how we will utilise it to the benefit of our clients and our own business – a key strategic focus
We would love to meet you when we visit your campus – please see the fairs we are attending below and come and say hi!